Last year, a small team took on the task of revamping the format of our in-school student clubs to improve the experience for both students and staff members. The result was exhilarating enrichment clusters!
You may be asking, "What are enrichment clusters anyway?"
Our enrichment clusters...
- are interest-based clubs that meet during the school day.
- are focused on a goal. Each cluster works to put together a final product that is shared at our Enrichment Expo at the end of each session.
- provide students with an opportunity to connect with students and staff members who share similar interests
- seamlessly integrate the 4Cs--creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking
- tap into the various multiple intelligences
- are student-centered and FUN
For more information about Enrichment Clusters @ Irwin Academic Center, check out this link.
The Fall session begins on Friday and students will find out which cluster they will be a part of on Thursday. Excitement levels are sky-high as we prepare to "cluster!"
How do you provide interest-based learning options for your students?